When you move into a new home you have to understand that your home insurance will not cover flooding. You want to make sure that you find flood insurance that will cover the damage that your home incurs in the case of a flood, hurricane, tropical storm or even a heavy rain.
As you are looking for flood insurance you should make sure that you have building coverage. Building coverage will include…
- The insured building and its foundation
- The electrical and plumbing system
- Central air conditioning, equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
When you are looking for content coverage it will include…
- Clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
- Portable and window air conditioners
- Portable microwaves and dishwashers
- Carpeting that is not already included in property coverage
- Clothing washer and dryers
If you feel that there is even a slight chance that your home may be touched by a flood, you should be sure that you look into your flood insurance options. Make sure that you sit down with an insurance adjustor to figure out what coverage is going to be the best for you.
Flood insurance may save you from financial ruin in time of a disaster. Do not take the process lightly and if you feel that you might need flood insurance, insure yourself sooner rather than later.